Laguna Beach Family Photography
We are so blessed to live where we do! Orange County is a tourist destination for visitors from all over the world! And we are famous for our beautiful beaches and coastline, making it a perfect spot for family sessions. I love the beach - I always have. It doesn't matter the weather. There's a calm, a peacefulness, but also an energy that comes with open space on the sand and the power of the waves. I normally arrive at least a half hour early before any beach session just to hang out, get some sand between my toes and my feet wet.
It's no secret that beach sessions are my jam. Some of my very favorite images are from beach sessions. The kids have room to run and play, there are no shoes allowed, and at the end, we get to play and get wet!
So.... you booked a beach session. What next?
There are some key steps you can take to ensure your beach session is successful and you get images you'll treasure forever:
- What you wear makes a difference! Flowy dresses, relaxed styles and complimentary colors to the beach make a world of difference. The days of everyone in khaki pants or jeans and white shirts are over. I'm happy to consult with my clients on wardrobe and even provide free styling to help relieve some stress!
- Your children should be comfortable at the beach. Have they been to the beach before? Do they like the sand? Could they be bothered by the noise of the ocean and waves? All things to think about. If you answered no to any of those questions, it might be best to put off a beach session until your kids are older or are more used to being at the beach.
- Kids who are "little groms" are used to being able to play at the beach to their hearts' content! Set expectations ahead time by letting them know we are going to take pictures for a little while FIRST, then they can play!
- We could get wet, very wet. Come prepared with towels and possibly a change of clothes. I love when we get to spend time letting the kids do their own thing at the end of the session, capturing them in their natural state of play!
- Arrive early!!! Beach parking isn't easy. It can be crowded and difficult to find a parking spot.
Interested in a beach session for your family?
Awesome! I'm super excited and you should be too. Drop me a message so we can discuss and plan a beach session tailored for your family!